Their site was clearly home-made by someone with no website building knowledge or experience. And worse, it had no backlink profile, search rankings or traffic (like 95%+ of home service business sites I see).
After performing a website and traffic review for them, I discovered the website suffered from many issues that were killing its lead generation ability.
- Outdated, generic looking design
- Over 3 second loading time resulting from a heavy a WordPress theme, heavy plugins and lots of junk code
- Lots of horizontally aligned design elements, making mobile responsiveness a problem
- Way too many navigation links for prospects to click around on
- Very small text for modern high resolution screens
- Redundant content throughout several pages
- Ineffective and too few call to actions (CTAs) on most pages
On the positive side, their site was running the highly recommended WordPress platform—but had a very poorly built theme with tons of extraneous/junk code, resulting in performance, conversion and visitor trust issues.
It was also using the new(ish) Gutenberg editor for WordPress, which we don’t recommend. Gutenberg messes up the HTML code, among many other issues that I’ll eventually write a whole post to cover.
Website Redesign and Landing Page
You can view a list of the upgrades we completed for the site on the expert website services page.
These key website features below are what really matters for optimal lead generation success:
- Super fast page loading
- Mobile-first, distraction free, single column layout
- High quality, professionally designed logo that conveys your unique brand
- Horizontal scrolling mobile navigation for optimal user experience
- Highly optimized typography for easy content consumption
- Engaging, unique, and informative content that conveys value
- Video content separates you from the competition in most markets
- Very easy to find contact info (especially service/ranking pages)
- Heavy internal linking to promote click through and time on site
- See the full feature list
The result of this website upgrade is a much higher performing and converting website that will eventually function as our client’s most valuable business asset.
The site now has a 0.8 second “fully loaded time” (down from about 3 seconds with the previous site), as shown from the GTmetrix performance report below.
Considering the average site loads in 7+ seconds (according to GTmetrix), Red Responders loads about ten times faster than average.
You can read more about the extreme importance of website speed from this blog post.
This client is ambitious, so naturally, they’ll be starting our local SEO services very soon.
Here are some additional services I have in mind for them to further grow their business:
- Google and Bing ads campaigns with remarketing
- Social ads campaigns with remarketing
- Local online classified ads
As I always say, your business website should grow your business, not just function as an online brochure or business card.
I will update this case study, or perhaps write a dedicated post on the client’s marketing and revenue results as we continue to help them grow their business.
Are you interested in becoming my next case study? Schedule a call below to get started with my expert website services.